Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Current knitting project

I am, at the moment, working on a scarf:

scarf!

This is a worsted-weight yarn (very fluffy two-ply, as far as I can tell, though I am by no means an expert on yarn construction) on 13" bamboo US8 (5mm) needles.

Bamboo needles are currently my favorite, since they are very polite about hanging on to stitches for me. It gets a bit more complicated at the beginning and end of rows, when there is only a stitch or two on one of the needles.

The pattern itself is easy to remember and easy to execute; it also seems like it would be easy to adapt to looms, except for the part where I would need a peg marker every four stitches because I haven't figured out how to read loomwork as easily as what's on my needles.

3 comments:

  1. Do you know what yarn you're using using here? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Ella Rae Jaspe Wool ... which seems to be discontinued / unavailable at a lot of sites, but it's wonderfully squooshy and I love the colors. :D

    (also, hi! ♥)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! I'll have to look for it. Not that I need more yarn, seriously.

    (Hi! Miss you!)

    ReplyDelete